In today’s episode, I’m sharing with you my reflections on this past school year. I share both the positive things I implemented that I’ll be keeping and a few areas where I want to make some changes. It is important to take some time at the end of the school year to reflect on the past year as it allows me to ponder the ideas over the summer and be ready to make adjustments in the fall.
In this episode, I share my reflection from this past school year:
- Reflecting on the year before summer break is crucial for making necessary changes.
- The focus for the upcoming year is to tighten expectations and consequences for students.
- Individualizing instruction through small groups and centers is essential due to varying abilities and learning gaps.
- Choice boards will be implemented to give students autonomy in their learning and promote ownership.
- Incorporating spiral review warm-ups and using folders for organization have proven successful strategies.
Resources mentioned in the episode:
Have you preordered your book yet?
Be sure to join the Secondary ELA Facebook group where the conversation continues.