Summer break is just around the corner, and it’s the perfect time to rest, recharge, reflect, and invest in some relevant professional development. In today’s episode, I’m sharing books that have changed and inspired my own professional practices.
If you’re looking for ways to enhance your teaching skills and inspire best practices in reading instruction, I’ve got you covered. In this blog post, I’ve curated a list of professional development books that will re-energize your passion for teaching reading and equip you with practical strategies you’ll want to try when you return to the classroom this fall.
4 ELA Professional Book Recommendations
- Book Love by Penny Kittle
- In the Best Interest of Students by Kelly Gallagher
- The Joy of Reading by Donnalynn Miller and Teri Lesesne
- Motivating Readers by Carolyn Wahl
Samantha in Secondary’s Tic Tac Toe Summer Reading Challenge (Details are shared in her highlights!)
Related Podcast Episodes:
- 3 Steps to Incorporate Reader’s Workshop into Your Classroom Ep #3
- How to Get Students to Connect with Books Through Choice Reading Units with Samantha Heil Ep #19
- Motivating Readers: Teaching in the Post-Pandemic Era Ep #25
Be sure to join the Secondary ELA Facebook group and share your top professional development recommendations!